Get ready to taste cherry and chocolate in a single bite to take your taste buds to a whole new level. We are with an amazing and delectable cherry chocolate chip cake recipe that is super easy and super fun.
For the Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Icing
- 5 to 6 tbsp cherry juice
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 12 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
Recipe / Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line three 8 inch cake baking containers with baking paper and oil the sides.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl on medium speed until light in tone and fluffy.
3. Include vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until all joined well.
4. Include the egg whites and egg in two bunches, mixing until very much joined after every addition.
5. In a different bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
6. Include about half a portion of the flour blend to the batter and blend until mixed. Scratch down the sides of the bowl.
7. Include milk and cherry juice and blend until mixed, scratching down the sides of the bowl.
8. Include remaining flour blend and mix until smooth and well joined.
9. Fold in mini chocolate chips
10. Equally divide the batter between the cake baking containers you prepared earlier and bake for 23 to 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a couple of crumbs.
11. Let the cakes cool for around 5 minutes, and then invert them on a wire rack to cool off totally.
12. To make icing, join butter and shortening in a big bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
13. Include 3 tbsp of cherry squeeze and blend until smooth.
14. Include 4 cups of powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
15. Include another 2 tbsp of cherry squeeze and blend until smooth.
16. Include another 4 cups of powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
17. Include the remaining powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
18. Include extra cherry juice if necessary to get the correct consistency of icing. Icing should be thick, yet marginally sticky to the touch.
19. To assemble the cake, first remove the cake domes from each cake layer using a knife or spatula.
20. Put the first cake layer on a serving plate or turn table. Top with 1/2 cups icing, spread into an even layer.
21. Repeat the same with the second layer of cake.
22. Top with the last layer of cake.
23. Ice the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
24. Before the icing starts to get firm, include mini chocolate chips around the base.
25. Pipe icing around the top edge of the cake in any design you want and top with cherries.
So, that was the recipe to make a super yummy Cherry Chocolate cake. Hope you like the recipe and make an amazingly delicious cake at home. If you can’t bake the cake, avail cake delivery online in your city from a reliable bakery. Happy eating! Happy baking! Have a delicious day!